Cast Iron scalloped potatoes. Most contemporary American scalloped potatoes recipes look like French gratin dauphinois. Peel the potatoes, then carefully slice them. Parboiled rutabaga, then added olive oil and butter and salt and.
Use any potato for this dish but russet is starchy and also absorbent which is good for the cream, but yukon is also a great all purpose potato that will still get. The Cast Iron Keto cookbook is now available! I swear you'll think they're potatoes. You can cook Cast Iron scalloped potatoes using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cast Iron scalloped potatoes
- Prepare 6 of russet potatoes sliced thin.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of minced onions.
- Prepare 2 tbs of butter.
- You need 1 pint of heavy cream (can use 1 cup cream and 1 cup warm milk).
- Prepare of to taste Salt & pepper.
- It’s 2 tbs of flour.
Slice potatoes, arrange in a cast iron pan, season with salt and spices, add dots of butter, add some cheese and bake until crispy. It's that simple, and they're delicious. Arrange potato slices vertically and loosely in prepared dish or skillet. Sprinkle garlic and Italian seasoning on top of potatoes.
Cast Iron scalloped potatoes step by step
- In 10” cast iron skillet sauté onion in butter on medium heat.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put sliced potatoes in large bowl and add in butter and onion mixture. Mix well..
- Place potatoes in cast iron skillet and salt & pepper well.
- Sprinkle flour on top of the potatoes and pour cream over the top..
- Place skillet in oven for 45 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through..
This super cheesy side dish makes my heart flutter. Now these are some special scalloped potatoes, because I like to layer on the cheese like it's going out of style. Don't use soap in a seasoned cast iron skillet. Dry out with paper towels and let it thoroughly air dry. My family now enjoys consistently crispy potatoes in the cast iron skillet.