Loaded Potato Soup. Look no farther than this time-tested recipe for baked potato soup, which features a rich broth and all your favorite baked potato toppings. This Loaded Potato Soup can be made gluten free by using a gluten free cream of chicken soup. My favorite cream of chicken soup is from Pacific Foods and it is gluten free.
Loaded baked potatoes get a lightened makeover in this hearty and flavor-packed recipe. Make this reviewer favorite the star attraction of your next soup night. Loaded Potato Soup I. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. You can cook Loaded Potato Soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Loaded Potato Soup
- You need 6 of Yukon Gold Potatoes (Diced).
- It’s 1/2 of Large Yellow or Sweet Onion (Diced).
- You need 3 Cloves of Garlic.
- It’s 4 Tbsp of Butter.
- You need 4 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour.
- It’s 3 Cups of Whole Milk.
- It’s 3 Cups of Chicken Broth.
- You need 1 lb of Bacon.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Sour Cream.
- It’s 2 Cups of Shredded Cheese (Sharp Cheddar, Mild Cheddar, Muenster).
- It’s 3-4 of Chicken Bouillon Cubes.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Black Pepper (Or To Taste).
- Prepare of Salt (To Taste).
- It’s 1 Bunch of Green Onions (Diced) (Garnish).
If you like loading your baked potatoes will all those delish dairy ingredients, then you'll love this soup recipe, too! Original recipe calls for only four slices of bacon, but I — being a little piggy. Add the potatoes, onions, chicken broth, salt and pepper to the slow cooker. This Loaded Potato Soup is super creamy and loaded with all the favorites!
Loaded Potato Soup instructions
- Scrub and Dice Potatoes. Place in a bowl of cold water and set aside. Dice onion, set aside..
- Cut bacon into 1" pieces or so. Cook bacon in a skillet until crisp. Set aside on a paper towel lined plate. Reserve around 1 Tbsp of bacon grease. Shred Cheeses and set aside..
- Heat a large Stock Pot to Medium Heat, add Butter and 1 Tbsp of Bacon Grease. Add Yellow Onions. Cook until translucent, about 5 – 6 Minutes. Add Garlic, cook until fragrant, about 1 – 2 Minutes..
- Add All Purpose Flour and whisk constantly for about 1 Minute. Add Milk slowly while whisking. Add Chicken Broth, Chicken Bouillon, and strained Potatoes. Bring to a boil, then simmer over Medium to Medium Low Heat for 20 Minutes..
- Add Sour Cream, 3/4 of the Cheese, 1/2 of the Bacon. Stir and Cook another few minutes. Taste for seasoning. Add more Salt or Pepper, if needed..
- Ladle into a bowl, and top with some Green Onions, Cheese, and Bacon. Enjoy!.
This loaded potato soup is packed with tender chunks of potatoes, some veggies, bacon and. Thick, creamy loaded potato soup topped with all the fixings! This quick and easy one-pot recipe is a cold weather staple! It's a classic just like our chicken noodle soup, minestrone soup and tortilla soup. When done, the tip of a paring knife.