Aloo(Potato) parata. Aloo paratha in hindi, Restaurant Style Aloo Stuffed Masala Paratha, Aloo Parantha, aloo paratha dhaba style, aloo paratha kaise banaye. Aloo paratha or alu parata recipe explained in this video. This aloo paratha is prepared using fresh spices.
Popular Indian breakfast of unleavened whole wheat flat bread stuffed with a spiced potato stuffing. Aloo paratha is One of the most. Put the mashed potatoes, coriander and cumin powders, cumin seeds, turmeric, chili powder, salt to taste, chopped fresh coriander and grated ginger into a large mixing bowl. You can have Aloo(Potato) parata using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Aloo(Potato) parata
- You need 2-3 of medium sized potatoes(boiled and grated/smashed).
- You need 1 of medium sized onion finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of string of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of red chilly powder.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- It’s 3/4 teaspoon of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of dry mango powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Kasuri methi(optional).
- You need 1/4 cup of cilantro/coriander leaves.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 2-3 teaspoon of cooking oil.
- It’s of Roti/chapati dough.
- Prepare of 2 cups of wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of oil.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Water to mix and make a soft dough.
Indian Aloo Paratha – whole wheat flatbread stuffed with a spicy potato filling. This paratha is best enjoyed with yogurt, pickle and butter. Aloo paratha is a yummy stuffed bread dish that incorporates that ingredient which is a famous staple in so many cultures: the potato. In fact, in Urdu, "Aloo" means potato.
Aloo(Potato) parata step by step
- Take a deep pan heat up, once the pan is hot add oil.
- Once the oil is hot add onion, chopped curry leaves and sauté for 5 minutes/golden brown on medium flame.
- Then add all the masala powders mentioned above and sauté for 3-4 minutes and add kasuri methi (optional) mix and then turn off the flame.
- Once the pan is cooled then add smashed/grated potatoes to it and mix properly then add finely chopped cilantro/coriander leaves.
- To make parata.
- Take a lemon sized roti dough roll a bit round and take small lemon sized aloo mix stuff in the rolled roti dough.
- Roll the stuffed aloo mix with the help of dry wheat flour dust to a normal size roti.
- Heat up the tawa once the tawa is hot place a rolled aloo parata add a 1/4 teaspoon of oil/ghee and flip another side and cook properly on both sides.
- Serve aloo parata with pickle/curd.
This popular flatbread stuffed with delicately spiced potatoes is a real treat. A pan-fried flatbread stuffed with a filling of mashed potatoes. Aloo paratha or alu parota recipe explained with step by step pictures and a quick video. Here is the recipe of tasty aloo paratha. Aloo Paratha-How to make Aloo Paratha.