Japanese Potato Croquettes. Fresh potatoes and ground beef are covered with panko bread crumbs and deep fried. Korokke (Japanese Croquette Recipe) Cooking with Mom. Mix together mashed potatoes and corn.
Potato Croquettes With Parmesan. by WiGal. Korokke (コロッケ, potato and ground meat croquette) is a popular Japanese dish. The potato mixture is flavoured with typical Japanese seasonings such as soy sauce, sake and mirin. You can cook Japanese Potato Croquettes using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Japanese Potato Croquettes
- Prepare 8 pieces of Potato.
- You need 150 grams of Minced pork (or Minced Beef).
- You need 1/2 pieces of Onion.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare As needed of Bread crumbs.
- Prepare As needed of Flour.
- Prepare As needed of Egg (1 ~ 2 pieces).
Korokke are mashed potato cakes that are coated with panko and deep-fried. Korokke is a food It's said that korokke originated from French croquette or Dutch kroket. This Japanese version of croquettes can easily be adapted, to make it vegetarian for example. Croquettes have almost universal appeal, because who doesn't like starchy fried things?
Japanese Potato Croquettes step by step
- Peel the potatoes and remove any eyes. Wrap them in plastic wrap and use Microwave for 6 ~ 8 minuets until a bamboo stick goes through easily..
- While use the Microwave, finely chop the onion. Heat a frying pan and add the butter. Add the onion and Minced pork and stir-fry until the pork become brown and the onion become golden brown. Season with salt & pepper..
- Mash the Potatoes to use madder. (If you do not have madder, you can use fork.) Combine the Mashhed potato, Minced pork & onion..
- Shape into small oval patties. Coat with layer of flour, beaten egg and bread crumbs. (First Flour, Second beaten egg, Last Bread crumbs).
- Fry the Croquetts in deep fried oil at 170℃ until golden brown..
- When the croquettes have finished cook, take them out and put on paper towels. (Excess the oil).
- Natire’s Nest Brastagi Potatoes Granola (Washed) SG$3.2/kg at FairPrice.
- Chef Yellow Onion – Large SG$1.45/700g at FairPrice.
- Panko bread crumbs SG$1.9/pck at FairPrice.
Potatoes: Russets or a similar variety, which become fluffy when cooked, work well for croquettes. Generally speaking, waxy potatoes such as Yukon Gold and red potatoes become gluey when. Sweet potato croquettes/Satsuma Imo No Korokke/薩摩芋のコロッケ! Place croquettes on kitchen paper to absorb excess oil. Serve them as soon as possible as they are.