Spelt sweet potato taco shell. These easy homemade tortillas are great for tacos, enchiladas, quesadillas, or just enjoying by themselves. This kid-approved dinner recipe is almost as easy as making tacos in a traditional tortilla shell. Actually, it might be easier because you Tacos wouldn't be tacos without salsa: rustle up a store-bought one that meets Paleo guidelines (remember: no corn!) or make your.
Taco-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. These roasted sweet potato tacos feature spicy black beans and avocado-pepita dip. This taco recipe is vegetarian (easily vegan) and gluten-free. You can cook Spelt sweet potato taco shell using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spelt sweet potato taco shell
- Prepare 1 Cup of mashed Boniato sweet potato (PLU#4546) or other varities.
- You need 2 Cups of Fresh milled Organic spelt flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
This hearty taco recipe features spicy roasted sweet potatoes, black beans for protein, and a pretty spectacular avocado spread made with. Roast the sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper, and chili powder. Just assemble the tacos with the sauce, sweet potatoes, and black very very tasty. even my meat loving husband thought it was delicious! I had to use hard taco shells. all the flavors just melled together beautifully.
Spelt sweet potato taco shell step by step
- Steam several similar size Boniato sweet potato in a steamer or the top steamer in an Aroma rice cooker for 25 minutes or more until fork easily could get through.
- Cool your sweet potato once cooked in a large plate until your hands can handle. Remove the peel of those sweet potatoes by hand and mash them in a measuring cup until you get 1 full cup. Transfer it into a mixing bowl..
- Measure 2 cups of organic spelt flour and add them into the same mixing bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of raw organic apple cider vinegar. Mixing them well by hand or a mixer. Rest the dough in a ziplock bag for at least 6 hours in a warm spot. I typically use oven with the lamp on, it gives a nice temperature of around 90F..
- After resting for a nice 6 hours, cut the dough into 4 equal parts. Roll each divided piece into a small ball, and flat it by hand and roll the dough into a 8-9 inch round taco shell..
- Cook it on a flat pan on medium heat for 2 minutes each side until you see small or big bubbles puff up and the color turns to darker brown and aromatic. If you leave it longer with low heat, the shell will be more crispy..
- As for fillings, I like to sauté some veggies with baked chicken or shredded pork. Cooked brown rice or beans would go very well with this shell. Top with fresh diced organic tomatoes and chopped cilantro. A touch of fresh lime juice would maximize the flavor profile..
Roasting sweet potatoes give them a delicious sweet caramelized flavour which balances well with the savoury black beans. Enjoy this Mexican-style dinner of Old El Paso™ Crunchy Taco Shells filled with spicy chicken topped with cooling soured cream and hot green chillies – a wonderful meal. I envisioned cubes of sweet potatoes roasted with so much spice, it almost forms a crust, and then Black bean and sweet potato tacos have been in the meal rotation for a long while and loved in our These are delicious! We had them in crispy blue corn shells, with guacamole and pickled red onions. Ahh Taco Bell, that guilty pleasure of omnivores and vegetarians alike.