Potato Bacon Cheddar Soup.
You can have Potato Bacon Cheddar Soup using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato Bacon Cheddar Soup
- Prepare 2 slices of bacon – chopped ¼ inch dice.
- Prepare 1 ounce of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of each vidalia sweet onion — fine diced.
- It’s 1 stalk of celery- fine dice.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic – finely chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need 6 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 3 of each Idaho potatoes – diced ½ inch.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of thyme.
- Prepare 8 ounces of milk.
- You need 1 cup of cheddar cheese- shredded.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of parsley- chopped.
Potato Bacon Cheddar Soup instructions
- Chop bacon, cook with oil in a 5 quart sauce pan at a moderate heat until crisp. Take out the bacon and set aside (Note leave the oil in the pan it will become part of the compound roux.).
- Add onions, celery and garlic and cook until tender or translucent.
- Add the flour to the pan to make the compound roux, stir in with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon for about 1 minute..
- Add chicken stock and the milk stirring in with a whisk for 1 minute then use a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Stir periodically to prevent burning..
- Add the potatoes,salt and pepper and simmer for 20 minutes. The potatoes should be tender. Add the thyme 1/2 way through the simmering..
- Add cooked bacon back in. Adjust the seasoning to taste with salt and pepper if needed. Add the cheese stir in to melt. Add parsley.
- Note-This soup can always have more bacon, a dollop of sour cream or cheddar sprinkled on top:).