Fried mashed potato balls. Fried Mashed Potato Balls from Delish.com are crunchy, pillowy delights. Place eggs and panko in separate shallow bowls. Roll into a ball in your hands, then dredge first in egg and then in panko.
These fried mashed potato balls could possibly be the most delicious way to use up leftover mashed potatoes. They're like cheese pull aparts, but even more addictive and yet strangely comforting too. Because fried mashed potato balls are, well, pretty darn epic. You can have Fried mashed potato balls using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fried mashed potato balls
- Prepare 2 cups of mashed potatoes.
- You need 1/2 cup of bacon bits or crumbles.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 cup of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of flour.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare Dash of garlic salt.
- Prepare 2 cups of oil I use vegetable oil.
And it's a great way to use up those leftovers during the holidays. What do you do with leftover mashed potatoes? You make melt-in-your-mouth, crisp yet creamy mashed potato balls of course! These Fried Mashed Potato Balls are super creamy on the inside and crispy on the outside!
Fried mashed potato balls instructions
- After you have your 2 cups mashed potatoes add bacon, cheese, egg (beaten), salt and pepper.. mix well.
- Let mixture cool for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Heat oil on med high (you want enough oil to cover each ball halfway).
- Scoop up mixture and roll in palm into balls about 1.5 inches thick.
- Coat each ball lightly on flour.
- Roll balls into a egg wash (1 egg and 1/2 cup water mixed together).
- Then roll balls into bread crumbs and put into hot oil and fry about 3 to 4 minutes on each side of balls until golden brown.
- When done place on paper towel then light sprinkle of garlic salt.
A perfect appetizer recipe for using up leftover mashed potatoes! Also, instant mashed potatoes have a thinner consistency that aren't going to work the best for these Fried Mashed Potato Balls. Leftover scalloped potatoes with ham are mashed, shaped, rolled in bread crumbs and pan fried to perfection for a tasty appetizer. Using potato masher, mash potatoes and ham in medium bowl. Fried Mashed Potato Balls – Leftover mashed potatoes make these perfect crisp bites for a tasty side dish or appetizer.