Loaded Baked Potato Soup. Loaded Baked Potato Soup – All the flavors of a loaded baked potato comes together in this comforting soup! All the flavors of a loaded baked potato comes together beautifully in this satisfyingly creamy and comforting soup! So now that I work from home all day, I get to watch a lot of.
Heat oil in large pot over a medium-high heat. All your favorite baked potato toppings—bacon, cheddar, sour cream, green onions—in a spoon with this recipe from Delish.com. If You Like Mashed Potatoes, You'll Freak Over This Loaded Potato Soup. You can cook Loaded Baked Potato Soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- You need 1 lb of bacon, diced.
- Prepare 1 of onion, diced.
- You need 5 of large russet potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- It’s 4 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 3 tbs of butter.
- You need 3 tbs of flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of 2% milk.
- It’s 3 of green onions, sliced.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, divided.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need of Sour cream for garnish, optional.
If you like loading your baked potatoes will all those delish dairy ingredients, then you'll love this soup recipe, too! Loaded Baked Potato Soup – This creamy soup is ready in less time than it takes to bake a potato. Add potatoes and broth, and secure lid. Follow manufacturer's instructions to quick release, then remove lid.
Loaded Baked Potato Soup instructions
- In a large stock pot, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to drain and set aside. Drain all but 2 tablespoons of bacon grease from the pot. Cook the onions in the remaining bacon grease for about 5 minutes, until tender..
- Add potatoes and chicken stock to pot. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer about 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender. With a slotted spoon, remove a few scoops of potatoes. Place in a bowl and mash with a fork. Set aside..
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter. Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in milk, bring to boil and simmer until thickened. Slowly stir into stock pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer. Stir mashed potatoes back into pot..
- Add 1/2 cup shredded cheese, three-fourths of the bacon and half the sliced green onions to the pot. Add pepper. Stir to combine. Cook an additional 5 minutes..
- To serve, ladle soup into individual bowls and top with some shredded cheese, bacon, green onions and optional sour cream..
Make Guy Fieri's easy fully-loaded baked potato soup from Guy's Big Bite, and top it with your favorite fixin's – bacon, cheese, sour cream and chives. A classic baking potato is the russet, which is one of the most starch-filled in the world of spuds. That starch is released as the potatoes cook in the broth, becoming part of the underpinning of a rich, thick soup. The secret to slimming it down is swapping part of the potatoes with cauliflower, you can't even tell! Loaded Baked Potato Soup The title is totally misleading as there is no mention of baking the potato scrubbing and dicing and then boiling takes place.