Mongolian Shrimp and Scallops.
You can cook Mongolian Shrimp and Scallops using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mongolian Shrimp and Scallops
- Prepare 2 pounds of raw shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails removed and 1 pound scallops.
- You need of vegetable oil, for frying.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of fresh ginger, minced.
- You need 1 tbsp. of fresh garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of crushed red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp. of rice wine.
- You need 1/2 cup of green onions. sliced.
- You need of Cornstarch.
Mongolian Shrimp and Scallops instructions
- In a large bowl or sealable shaker bag, toss the shrimp and scallops with cornstarch..
- In a large wok or skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add green onions and stir fry for 1 minute. Remove from the wok and set aside..
- Add a little more oil if needed. Add shrimp and scallops and stir-fry in batches (adding more oil if needed), until the shrimp and scallops has turned opaque and is fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 145 degrees). This should should take about 5 minutes per batch to cook. Remove from the wok and set aside..
- Add a little more oil to the wok, add garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes and stir-fry until fragrant (about 15 seconds), be careful not the burn them. Add water, soy sauce, rice wine, and brown sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer stirring constantly for about 5-6 minutes..
- Toss the cooked shrimp and scallops with the sauce and green onions. Cook for one minute then transfer to serving plate. Serve with rice..