You can have Shrimp Souffle using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shrimp Souffle
- It’s 4 oz of raw shelled shrimp.
- Prepare 1/2 tbs of butter.
- You need 2 of + 2/3 tsp flour.
- You need 4 oz of milk.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 3 oz of cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 of ⁄2 tbs scotch.
- It’s 1 of ⁄2 tbs butter.
- It’s 1 tbs of scotch.
- It’s to taste of salt, pepper, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper,.
- Prepare 2 of , 1 cup souffle dishes.
Shrimp Souffle instructions
- Measure butter, flour, and milk. Separate eggs. Cut shrimp into 1/2" pieces. Grease two souffle dishes. Preheat baking sheet in the oven at 375f.
- Melt butter, add flour to make a roux. Stir in milk and whisk until smooth. Allow to cool..
- Beat egg yolks, stir them into the cheese then mix into the cooled sauce..
- Finely chop 1/2 oz shrimp and add to sauce with 1/2 tbs Scotch. Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg, and cayenne..
- Warm 1 tbs Scotch and saute the remaining shrimp in butter for about a minute, add the Scotch and light.
- Whip the egg whites until stiff. Gently fold into the sauce.
- Pour 1/4 of it into each dish, add a layer of shrimp to each, and top off with sauce. Place in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with a Chardonnay.