Turkey and cheese enchiladas. I did make a few changes. These enchiladas have become my favorite way to make the most of the turkey leftovers. The turkey gets transformed into a new meal, with warm spices and a little kick — it tastes nothing like Enchiladas are easy to put together; they require no more than tortillas, meat, cheese, and sauce.
Turkey enchiladas are made with leftover turkey, cheese, sour cream, and tortillas. Serve these flavorful turkey enchiladas with rice and refried beans. Enchiladas are typically made with corn tortillas, but you can use corn or flour in these turkey enchiladas. You can have Turkey and cheese enchiladas using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turkey and cheese enchiladas
- Prepare 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- You need 8 oz of ground turkey.
- You need 1 pkg of taco seasoning.
- You need 12 of mission yellow extra thin corn tortilla.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded velveeta cheese.
The easy sauce is made with mild. Fill flour tortillas with lean turkey mince in a rich tomato sauce, then top with cheese and bake for a family friendly Mexican dinner. Then pour your remaining salsa verde on top of the enchiladas and spread it around, and sprinkle some cheese on top. And bake it to melted cheesy perfection.
Turkey and cheese enchiladas step by step
- Cook ground turkey and add taco seasoning and set aside..
- In a pot heat oil and flour together making a roux, slowly add in your onion, garlic, chili, cumin and salt into the roux. Once the roux is combined add the water and continue mixing until it becomes thicker. Set aside..
- Dip the tortillas in the sauce and add turkey and cheese and roll the tortilla placing it in an oven safe dish. Continue rolling all the tortillas. Top with remaining sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 for about 20 min..
These light and healthy turkey, spinach and goat cheese enchiladas are a great example. They are easy to make and satisfy my cravings for Mexican food for. These easy enchiladas are a wonderful way to use up cooked turkey or chicken. Serve with sliced tomatoes and Mexican rice for a well-rounded meal. Pour remaining cheese mixture over tortillas.