Healthy low fat baked fish tacos with “grilled” corn. These Fish Tacos are so good that you'll likely even find seafood haters loving them! You get deliciously seasoned, tender and flaky fish pieces layered over hearty corn tortillas along with the best tacos toppings, and it's all finished with a rich and creamy fish tacos sauce. This crowd-pleaser has everything you want in a fish taco, including a spicy mayo and fresh add-ins like avocado and lightly charred corn.
Fish Tacos with Cabbage Slaw and Avocado Crema. Assemble tacos in tortillas with fish, cabbage and chili mayo; serve with corn and lime wedges. Fish tacos typically are made with corn tortillas instead of flour, but you can also use small flour tortillas. You can have Healthy low fat baked fish tacos with “grilled” corn using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Healthy low fat baked fish tacos with “grilled” corn
- Prepare 2 of corn tortillas or 1 flour tortilla (organic preferred).
- Prepare 1 of serving of cod or another white fish (approximately 3 oz), defrosted if previously frozen.
- It’s 1 of baby bok choy or half a regular bok choy or equivalent amount of cabbage, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of a red bell pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of frozen corn.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sumac.
- Prepare of Spice rub mixture.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of cumin.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare Pinch of cayenne.
- You need Pinch of coriander.
- Prepare of Olive oil (for greasing pan).
- Prepare of Chopped tomatoes or pico de gallo as a garnish (optional).
- Prepare of Cilantro as a garnish (optional).
Top these flavorful fish tacos with any of your favorite condiments: shredded lettuce or cabbage, chopped tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, avocados or fresh cilantro. Grilled Fish Tacos extremely juicy and flavorful with quick mango salsa and any firm white fish like Grilled fish tacos… Show me a person who doesn't love tacos and we will check if he is a human. 🙂. Tilapia filets turn into tasty fish tacos with a tangy adobo and lime dressing. Then combine the grilled fish with your favorite fixings (shredded cabbage, cilantro, tomatoes) and drizzle over the wonderful Don't see why not.
Healthy low fat baked fish tacos with “grilled” corn instructions
- Preheat oven to 450 F on broil. Spread corn on a silicone mat (make sure your mat is rated for 450 degrees). Set mat on tray on top shelf of oven. Broil for 10-12 minutes or to desired doneness. In my oven this takes 12 minutes but keep an eye on it..
- Chop bok choy (or cabbage) and red peppers. Add some water to a pan and turn on medium heat. Add veggies and lightly season with salt, paprika, and cumin. Saute until water has evaporated and veggies have reached desired doneness and caramelization. If water disappears before they’re done, add some more water or put a lid on the pan to finish cooking..
- After removing corn, set oven to bake at 425 F..
- Rinse and pat dry fish. Rub with spice mixture. Finally, coat both sides with sumac..
- Coat bottom of pan with a little olive oil and add fish. Bake for 6 minutes per 1/2 inch thickness. It should flake easily at the thickest point, and the internal temperature should be 140 F..
- Plate and enjoy. Top with chopped tomatoes or pico de gallo..
I always keep plain, low fat Greek yogurt on hand but no sour cream. Grilled Fish Tacos These tacos are great whether grilled outdoors or pan grilled inside. I added some chopped sweet onion chopped fresno chile and sweet red pepper to the slaw for more veggies and crunch. Even my hubby who loves everything real spicy didn't feel the need to add any salsa-it. These Asian-style Grilled Fish Tacos are fresh, healthy and bursting with flavor!