Easy Tamale Pie. Most tamale pies consists of a flavorful ground beef base and cornbread topping. Easy Pizza and Dough Recipe #Cooking with me. An easy tamale pie recipe made with cornbread mix.
I've made tamales before, but thinking back, she's right. Plus, this Perfect Tamale Pie Recipe can make two pies, so you can enjoy one for dinner tonight and save one as a. Tamale pie is not remotely Mexican and only somewhat resembles the flavor of real tamales. You can have Easy Tamale Pie using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Tamale Pie
- It’s of Filling.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 of onion diced.
- It’s 1-2 of jalapeños (or as many as you like).
- You need 2 (15 oz) of cans of pinto or black beans.
- You need 1 can (28 oz) of crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare of Topping.
- It’s 1 box of Jiffy cornbread mix.
- It’s 1 (14 oz) of can creamed corn.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
I always loved tamale pie as a kid, fortunately it was often served in our school cafeteria. Tamale Pie is an old school casserole with layers of seasoned beef or chicken, cornbread, and melted gooey cheese. Made from scratch, yet quick and easy, Tamale Pie is perfect for a family favorite. I only did half at a time and it was perfect as written.
Easy Tamale Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a cast iron skillet brown the beef, then drain..
- Add the onions and jalapeños to the beef and cook for 1 minute. Then remove from heat..
- Combine the beans and tomatoes with the beef and onions..
- In a mixing bowl mix the 1st 3 ingredients for the topping..
- Add the cornbread mixture on top of the beef mixture..
- Add cheese and bake for approximately 25 minutes or until golden brown..
Now that I am cooking for two everything spreads out much longer for filling dinners. How To Make Tamale Pie Gluten-Free. Most commonly tamale pie recipes are made using So, a tamale pie with cornbread topping was out. Fortunately, it was pretty easy to make a tamale pie. This Tamale Pie Recipe is so simple to make and is so delicious!