Scrumptious steak fajitas. Home » Dinner » Mexican » Scrumptious Steak and Shrimp Fajita. I love the taste of surf and turf so this steak and shrimp fajita recipe is perfect. Using tender flank steak, you can make an amazing and easy weeknight dinner the whole family will love.
It used to be inexpensive, but now it's not so cheap; oftentimes flank steak costs less. Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Her Skirt Steak Fajitas recipe at the bottom of this post was one of the first to catch our eye. You can cook Scrumptious steak fajitas using 24 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Scrumptious steak fajitas
- You need 1 1/2 lb. of Flank or skirt steak.
- You need 1 Tbsp. of Chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 Tbsp. of Cumin powder.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Fresh lime juice.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of plus 2 TBS. Olive oil.
- It’s 1 Tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion, sliced.
- You need 3 of Red, yellow or green bell peppers, sliced.
- You need 1 of jalapeño, diced (optional).
- It’s 1 of tomato, diced.
- Prepare 1/4 C. of Cilantro, chopped.
- Prepare 6 of flour tortillas.
- Prepare 1 C. of Iceberg lettuce, sliced thin.
- It’s 1/2 of lemon.
- Prepare of White sauce.
- It’s 1 C. of Mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 C. of Sour cream.
- You need 3 of green onions, diced.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Sugar.
- It’s 1 of jalapeño, diced (optional).
Slice steak across the grain into thin strips. Add the steak back into the slow cooker and combine with other ingredients. There's something about that sizzling platter of fajitas that always makes everyone's mouth water when it goes by the table at your favorite Mexican food spot.. These spicy beef fajitas are packed with fresh flavours and are surprisingly low in calories if you use lean beef.
Scrumptious steak fajitas step by step
- Combine 2 teaspoons ground cumin, the chili powder and 1 teaspoon salt. Cut shallow crosshatch cuts into both sides of steak for entire length of steak..
- Rub spice mix all over both sides. Place in a ziploc bag..
- In a small bowl whisk lime zest, lime juice, 1/4 C. olive oil, Worcestershire, and half the garlic. Reserve 2 Tbsp. of the marinade and pour the rest into the bag with the steak. Seal and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Massage every now and then to redistribute marinade..
- Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute 3-4 minutes until soft and translucent. Add in bell peppers and saute another 3 minutes..
- Reduce heat to medium, add the remainder of garlic and cumin and salt to taste. Cook stirring often until peppers are soft and beginning to caramelize. 5-8 minutes..
- Pour in the 2 Tbsp. reserved marinade. Stir in half the cilantro. Salt to taste and remove from heat and keep warm..
- In a smoking hot dry pan blister tortillas on both sides. Place in an oven on very low heat to keep warm..
- Remove steak from ziplock bag and pat dry with paper towels. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Cut steak and work in batches if your skillet is not large enough. Cook steak to your liking. 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare..
- Remove to cutting board. Cover with foil and let sit 10 minutes. Cut across the grain into thin strips..
- Tip remaining juices from pan over cut steak, and sprinkle with remaining cilantro..
- Mix all white sauce ingredients together..
- Sprinkle juice of 1/2 lemon over sliced lettuce, add salt..
- Assemble fajitas. Place steak in tortilla and top with tomatoes, onions and peppers, lettuce and jalapeños if desired. Drizzle white sauce over top..
Serve steak fajitas with accompanying veggies on tortillas with. Steak Fajitas – Perfectly seasoned, classic steak fajitas with onions and peppers, wrapped in Juicy, flavor packed steak fajitas make an irresistible and easy option for a quick weeknight dinner, or a. These Steak Fajitas are so easy to make, and you can make your own homemade fajita seasoning ahead of time. To make the taco bowls, all you need is some. This recipe teaches you how to make restaurant-style steak fajitas at home, from the flavor-packed marinade to the best cooking technique.