You can have Hash Browns using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hash Browns
- Prepare 5 of potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of seasoning mix.
- You need 1 tsp of salt and pepper.
Hash Browns instructions
- Peel your potatoes and grate them finely..
- Wash the potatoes well to remove the starch from them, then soak in a bowl of salty water for 15 minutes..
- Drain them well then cook in a pan on medium heat with 1 tbsp of olive oil. cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly..
- Let the potatoes cool down completely, then transfer to bowl and mix in the rest of the ingredients. Add your cheese of choice, I used cheddar..
- Shape your potatoes into round or oblong shapes..
- You may keep the hash browns in the freezer for up to seven days..
- In a hot pan, add some olive oil and cook the hash browns on high heat for 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy..