Apple white cheddar grilled cheese. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Build the grilled cheese by spreading one piece of bread with the mayonnaise. Sunday Brunch: Apple Cheddar Grilled Cheese Recipe.
The juicy tart apple and sharp cheddar are the perfect complement to Campbell's® Slow Kettle® Roasted Chicken Noodle. Some of you asked what my favorite comfort foods are, so I decided to share how I make an apple cheddar grilled cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread. Apples and cheese are a snack-time classic, so it's only natural to throw them between two slices of bread and grill the whole thing up. You can cook Apple white cheddar grilled cheese using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apple white cheddar grilled cheese
- It’s 4 slices of whole wheat cinnamon raisin bread.
- You need 4 slices of sharp cheddar cheese 3 oz.
- It’s 1 of small apple thinly sliced.
- You need 1 of thin slice red onion separate into rings.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes optional.
- You need 1 tablespoon of butter.
Here, Vermont aged cheddar is paired with the timeless complement of green apples for a tart, satisfying snack. White Cheddar cheese is the key ingredient in this recipe. It complements the tartness of the apple and the sweet flavor of the ham. Pour over lettuce mixture; toss well to coat.
Apple white cheddar grilled cheese step by step
- Layer each of two bread slices with 1 slice cheese.
- Top with the apple and onoin.
- If desired sprinkle with pepper flakes.
- Top with the remaining cheese and bread.
- Spread outside of sandwiches with butter.
- In a large skillet toast sandwiches over medium low heat 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted..
Salty, tangy, creamy cheddar and sweet, acidic, crispy apples are a natural pair in a melody of tastes and textures. Apple slices make a simple, comforting grilled cheese gourmet, especially when topped with a bit of pungent red onion. Cheddar cheese is a relatively hard, off-white (or orange if colourings such as annatto are added), sometimes sharp-tasting, natural cheese. Originating in the English village of Cheddar in Somerset, cheeses of this style are now produced all over the world. Remove slices and transfer to Cuisinart Prep and Cutting board.