Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts.
You can have Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
- You need of For The Donuts:.
- Prepare 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp. of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1 of large egg, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk, at room temperature (any kind works).
- It’s 1/4 cup of plain yogurt or sour cream, at room temperature.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- It’s of For The Coating :.
- You need 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- You need 2-3 tbsp. of unsalted butter, melted.
Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray the donut pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside..
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside..
- In a seperate, medium bowl, whisk together the egg, brown sugar, milk and yogurt (or sour cream). Then whisk in the melted butter and vanilla extract..
- Pour the wet ingredients I to the dry and mix until just combined. Do not over mix. Spoon the batter into the prepared donut pan. Per the recipes recommendation, I placed the batter into a large Ziploc bag, cut a hole at one corner and piped the batter into the donut cavities. Fill no more than 3/4 of the way full with batter..
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until just beginning to brown around the edges. Once done, let them sit in the pans for 2 minutes, then move the donuts into a wire rack to cool. This recipe makes 8 donuts but the pan only makes 6 at a time, so go ahead and pipe the remaining batter into the donut pans and repeat the baking process..
- Allow to cool enough to handle before coating them..
- To coat, combine the ground cinnamon and the sugar together in a shallow bowl. Brush the donuts with the melted butter using a pastry brush, then dip them in the cinnamon sugar mixture. You could do either just the top or all around the donut..
- Store leftover donuts covered at room temperature for up to 2 days..