Spiral sugar cookies. Sprinkled Spiral Sugar Cookies Recipe – pipandebby.com. Spiral Sugar Cookies – these cookies are a festive addition to any occasion! These Spiral Christmas Sugar Cookies are soft and chewy and full of festive colors!
The colourful swirl was fun for Christmas. Today I'm guest posting for Rachel of Not Rachael Ray. I was happy to help out a friend in need. You can have Spiral sugar cookies using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spiral sugar cookies
- It’s 1 cup of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 tsp of almond extract (optional).
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 of red and green food coloring or any color you want.
- It’s 1 of colored sprinkles.
I hope you'll show her some love and stop by to say hi. I'm sharing some delicious and fun cookies. One dye a color of your choice(for us it will be yellow) and another a different or just plain( ours will be black). These SPIRAL CHRISTMAS SUGAR COOKIES are soft and chewy and full of festive colors!
Spiral sugar cookies step by step
- Cream butter and powdered sugar, add egg, vanilla and almond extracts and baking soda, mix until blended. Add flour, 1 cup at a time, until dough forms a solid ball. If sticky, add more flour. Add food coloring, use enough to make the colors you like, mix until incorporated..
- Use wax paper to roll out dough on, roll out one colored dough to 1/2 inch thick and a rectangle shape. Set aside. Repeat with the remaining dough. Flip one on top of the other and roll into a log. Don't worry if it splits or cracks, just pinch together. Use a platter and pour sprinkles onto platter, carefully roll in sprinkles. Wrap in plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for an hour..
- When dough is ready, unwrap and cut dough 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick slices.Place on cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack..