Brown Sugar Muffins W/ White Sugar Dust. DIRECTIONS Cream vanilla, brown sugar and melted butter. Made from pantry staples, these Brown Sugar Muffins have been a favorite for as long as I can remember! Instant maple and brown sugar oatmeal adds sweetness and texture to these sweet breakfast treats.
These cornbread muffins are ideal food accompanied with soup, stew or simply spread some butter on it and pop into your mouth. Mix together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine milk, egg, and melted butter. You can have Brown Sugar Muffins W/ White Sugar Dust using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brown Sugar Muffins W/ White Sugar Dust
- You need 2 cup of White Flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of Brown Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Baking Soda.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- It’s 1 cup of Milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Softened Butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 cup of White sugar.
- You need 2 cup of Sugar in the Raw (Optional: if you want a crunchier dust).
Add to cornmeal mixture. · Maple brown sugar oatmeal muffin recipe. Check out the step-by-step photos above the recipe. · These apple coffee cake muffins are bursting with fresh apples, swirled with cinnamon sugar, and topped with a buttery brown sugar crumb topping. White sugar is made from either sugar cane or beets and is refined to get rid of impurities, writes Joanne Chang, pastry chef and co-owner of Flour You'll need both white and brown sugar, but not as much as you would for other muffin recipes. Try our Almond-Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffin recipe.
Brown Sugar Muffins W/ White Sugar Dust step by step
- Preheat oven to 350, and grease a standard size muffin tin about 2.5 inch in diameter. But you can use any other pan but you might have to cook them longer..
- Combine dry ingredients. But only use one cup of white sugar. Leave the rest for the sugar dust..
- Beat egg, softened butter, and milk until creamed with mixer or spoon.
- Combine all ingredients with electric mixer.
- Fill up the muffin tins 2/3 full (I used an ice cream scooper to fill up the muffin pans and the muffins came out even every time. It was a small one probably like three tablespoon sized.).
- Use the white cup of sugar to dust the batter.
- Put in the oven and bake for 15 minutes..
These brown sugar-banana muffins are so yummy, it'll be hard to eat just one! Gradually add brown sugar, beating until light and fluffy. I did not have any eggs, but I did have liquid egg whites, so I used those instead. Well, today's cinnamon and sugar dusted muffins are similar…but different, too. I prefer baking with white whole wheat flour – it's lighter and less dense than hard red wheat (there's more info in this whole wheat tutorial) but has nearly the same nutritional content and it tends to sub pretty well for.