Boudin Stuffed Cabbage Rolls. This recipe is the Chinese style cabbage rolls that I used to make as a teenager. The flavor still lingers on in my memory after a lapse of so many years. Get Stuffed Cabbage Recipe from Food Network.
Great recipe for Boudin Stuffed Cabbage Rolls. My mom is from southern Louisiana, a little town outside of Church Point, called Richard(pronounced REE-SHARD). Stuffed Cabbage Rolls are a dish consisting of blanched cabbage leaves wrapped around a variety of fillings. You can have Boudin Stuffed Cabbage Rolls using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Boudin Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- It’s 12 oz of package boudin, casings removed.
- It’s 2 cups of cooked white rice, mine was cooked with a little salt and butter.
- You need 1 head of cabbage, cored and leaves separated from head, I used 12.
- It’s 2 (14 oz) of cans diced tomatoes with garlic, onion and basil.
- It’s Half of can of water.
- You need 1/3 cup of ketchup.
- You need 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar, optional.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
They are common in cuisines of the Balkans and Central/Northern/Eastern Europe. Unstuffed cabbage rolls made with ground beef, cabbage, and diced tomatoes are a I love cabbage rolls and this is a reasonable facsimile. There will be leftovers for lunches. This basic, easy recipe for German stuffed cabbage rolls or kohlrouladen lends itself to many variations by adding your favorite spices.
Boudin Stuffed Cabbage Rolls step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a 9×13 pan or dish. In a bowl crumble your Boudin into your white rice and mix well..
- Cut about an inch off the bottom of your cabbage. Place cabbage In a large pot, then fill in with water. And salt well. Let the cabbage sit in the steamy water until the leaves start coming off. You’ll have to help them along. Pull those out and let drain and cool. If you have an easier way to do this let me know!!.
- Cut the stem out of each leaf as you go. In your cooled leaf, salt it and place a heaping spoonful of filling. Roll and tuck and place seam side down in pan. Do them until you run out of filling or room..
- In a bowl, mix tomatoes, water, sugar, ketchup, and soy sauce and pour over cabbage rolls. Cover with foil and bake for an hour or until the cabbage is as tender as you like it. I let mine go 1 and a half hours because I want it very tender..
This simple recipe for German stuffed cabbage rolls or kohlrouladen is the quintessential German comfort food that satisfies in a macaroni and cheese kind. The magic about stuffed cabbage rolls is the the meat and the rice cook in the cabbage itself. Here's how to make these delicious rolls for dinner or any party. These flavorful low-carb beef and cabbage rolls are made with tender boiled cabbage leaves stuffed with beef and rice cooked in a homemade tomato sauce. Savory stuffed cabbage rolls are the perfect comfort food from the old country.