Sweet phyllo rolls stuffed with ashta cream – znoud el sitt. Sweet Ashta (cream) wrapped in crispy phyllo dough and drenched in a rose-water syrup, Znoud El Sit are an irresistible dessert. This homemade recipe takes some dedication, but the end result is so worth it! Znoud El Sit in Arabic translates to "the upper arms of a woman." A silly name, I have heard.
Znoud El Sit are cream filled crunchy phyllo dessert sweet and so irresistible. Buttery phyllo dough, wrapped around ashta creamy filling, and finished off with fragrant simple syrup. See great recipes for Sweet phyllo rolls stuffed with ashta cream – znoud el sitt too! You can have Sweet phyllo rolls stuffed with ashta cream – znoud el sitt using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet phyllo rolls stuffed with ashta cream – znoud el sitt
- It’s 500 g of phyllo dough sheets, equivalent to 24 sheets.
- Prepare 6 cups of vegetable oil, for frying.
- It’s of – For the ashta cream: prepare ahead of time.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk.
- You need 2 cups of whipping cream.
- Prepare 6 slices of American-style white bread.
- You need 5 tablespoons of cornstarch, dissolved in ½ cup water.
- You need of – For the sugar syrup:.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of orange blossom water.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of rose water.
- You need of For garnishing:.
- You need of Candied orange blossom, optional.
- It’s 1/2 cup of raw ground pistachios.
These crunchy & sweet phylo-dough fingers filled with ashta cream are best eaten right out of the fryer! (زنود الست, Znud as sitt, Znoud el sett). This traditional Middle Eastern dessert is often enjoyed on Iftar (a fast-breaking meal) during the holy month The dish is made with thin sheets of phyllo dough that are wrapped into small elongated rolls while the center is filled with ashta—Levantine version of. Отмена. Месяц бесплатно. Znoud el sett Lebanese ashta pastry dessert. When ready to roll, make sure phyllo pastry is covered to avoid drying out Brush sides with milk to bind the.
Sweet phyllo rolls stuffed with ashta cream – znoud el sitt step by step
- To prepare the sugar syrup: put the sugar and water in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Leave to boil then add the lemon juice and keep on medium heat for 10 minutes until the syrup thickens. Add the orange blossom water and rose water. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl..
- To prepare the ashta cream: Cut off the edges of the bread. Discard. Cut in dices the soft white part. Place the bread dices in a saucepan and pour the milk and whipping cream over them. Let the bread dices soak in the milk and cream mixture for at least 2 hr in the refrigerator. Put the saucepan on medium heat and, with a wooden spoon, start stirring the bread and milk mixture. Once the milk starts heating, add the water-dissolved cornstarch. Continue stirring until the mixture thickens. Once d.
- To prepare the znoud el sitt, cut each phyllo sheet into rectangular strips of 12 cm length and 7 cm width each..
- Put a strip on the table horizontally and another strip over it vertically forming a cross..
- Put 1 tablespoon of ashta cream in the middle of the upper strip, fold over the 2 sides and roll the lower strip over the folded one..
- In a deep frying pan, heat the vegetable oil and fry the rolls in batches until they turn golden. Place them on a kitchen absorbent paper..
- Immerse each roll in the sugar syrup for a few minutes..
- Decorate with ashta cream, ground pistachio and candied orange blossom and serve at room temperature or cold..
- Note: You can find the recipe 'Ashta cream' under my profile.
Znoud el sett translates to 'upper arms of the lady' apparently referring to the similarities of the shape, look and texture to a particular Place a tablespoonful of the ashta cream in the centre where the two portions cross. Fold the side strips in to cover the ashta cream, fold the bottom strip up, then roll the. Filo Dough Pastry with Sweet Egg Cream and Cinnamon As receitas lá de casa. gelatin, condensed milk, cream, gelatin sheets. Musician's Dessert El invitado de invierno. Znoud-el-Sit is a Lebanese dessert, made by rolling thick cream inside white bread, deep frying and then dipping these crispy rolls in a fragrant sugar syrup.