Simple Sugar Cookies. They are really good, plain or with candies in them. After making another sugar cookie recipe (which turned out disasterous) I decided to try this one. This easy sugar cookie recipe requires no chilling, no rolling and makes soft sugar cookies that And as with any classic, simple cookie, it can't hide behind frosting or anything, so it really needs to.
These cookies are easy to make and taste amazing. Perfect for any time here is a short recipe for sugar cookies! Combine the flour and salt in a small bowl. You can cook Simple Sugar Cookies using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple Sugar Cookies
- You need 3/4 cup of butter, softened.
- You need 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of almond extract.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 2 1/4 cups of flour.
- You need of Frosting-.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of butter, softened.
- You need 1/2 Tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 3 Tablespoons of milk.
Mix with the whisk then set it aside. Simple Sugar Cookies: This is the same basic recipe that my Mom used all my growing up years. It is quite easy to make, with a few secrets to help make it even better. This Sugar Cookie Icing recipe is made with just a few simple ingredients and incredibly easy to make too.
Simple Sugar Cookies step by step
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar..
- Mix in eggs and vanilla until combined..
- Add salt, baking powder and flour and mix until well incorporated..
- Cover dough bowl with plastic wrap and chill in fridge for 1 hour..
- Preheat oven to 350..
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat..
- Roll cookies into 1-inch balls and flatten with the bottom of a glass until 1/4 inch thick..
- Bake for 8-10 minutes..
- Let cool completely..
- In stand mixer or large mixing bowl, beat together powdered sugar and butter until creamy. Mix in vanilla and milk until smooth..
- Frost cooled cookies with frosting..
- You can also roll out this recipe and cut with cookie cutters for fun shapes..
Here is a tried and true sugar cookie recipe. Some sugar cookie recipes online pride themselves on not having to be chilled, but we think letting the dough chill out in the fridge is an essential step—especially when cutting into cute shapes. These simple sugar cookies are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. A delicious buttery cookie that's easy to whip up and doesn't require chill time. Roll is coarse sugar or colorful sprinkles.