Fluffy Jiggly Japanese Cheesecake (Egg Whites). Fluffy Jiggly Japanese Cheesecake. featured in American Vs. Learn to master this Japanese classic dish in your own home! Get ready to whip a lot of egg whites to create this exciting jiggly texture as well as layer in flavors like cream cheese.
I saw a short video posted by Buzzfeed on how jiggly, fluffy and light cotton Japanese cheesecake is and it is immediately caught my eye. A Japanese cheesecake is also known as a Japanese cotton cheesecake or a Japanese soufflé' cheesecake. If your cake is airy and fluffy at the top, and dense on the bottom, then you did not incorporate your final batter well enough. You can have Fluffy Jiggly Japanese Cheesecake (Egg Whites) using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fluffy Jiggly Japanese Cheesecake (Egg Whites)
- It’s 200 ml of whole milk.
- Prepare 80 gr of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 180 gr of cream cheese (NO low fat).
- It’s 100 gr of cake flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 7 of egg whites (approximately 225 gr).
- Prepare 150 gr of sugar.
Too much of the beaten egg whites have not been mixed. Japanese Jiggly Cheesecake: This is my rendition of a longtime favourite fluffy souffle-style cheesecake I first had in Japan when I was a little kid. Add cream of tartar and beat on high for a couple minutes. (Cream of tartar is the best stabilizer for keeping your egg whites light and fluffy. Grαduαlly αdd the sugαr while continuing to beαt until you see hαrd peαks when lifting the mixer up.
Fluffy Jiggly Japanese Cheesecake (Egg Whites) instructions
- Preheat the oven to 320°F. Fill a pan (diameter minimum 10 in) with water about 1/3 height. Put this pan in the oven while preheat the oven to 320°F. Prepare another pan diameter 8 in. Brush with butter then line the base and the side with parchment paper. Set aside..
- Put milk, butter and cream cheese in a heat-resistant bowl. Place this bowl on a pot filled with boiling water over low heat. Stir it until everything gets dissolved. remove the bowl and strain it to get smooth batter. Leave it to warm / not hot anymore..
- After the mixture gets cool down, add flour and vanilla. Stir until smooth..
- Beat the egg whites on low speed until foamy. Then, add the sugar in 3 batches. Beat on medium or medium high until soft peaks form..
- With a spatula, fold in the meringue into the cheese mixture in 3-4 batches..
- Pour the mixture into the pan that has been prepared. Put the pan in the oven by placing it in a pan filled with water. Bake for 70 – 85 minutes. Test with skewer to see if it's done. The skewer should come out clean..
- Once cooked, remove it from the oven, leave it for a few minutes then take the cake out from the pan. Leave it on the wire rack until it gets cool..
- Enjoy!!! It's so soft and fluffy..
Tαke αbout ¼ of the egg whites αnd fold them into the egg yolk mixture, then repeαt with the remαining egg whites until the bαtter is. Jiggly Japanese Cheesecake With Large Egg Yolks, Cream Cheese, Butter, Milk, Mccormick Pure Vanilla Extract, Flour, Cornstarch, Large Egg Whites Beat egg yolks in large bowl with wire whisk; set aside. Mix cream cheese, butter and milk in small saucepan on medium heat until melted and. A light and fluffy cheesecake made with whipped eggs and very little cream cheese. In a separate bowl, using clean beaters, whip egg whites with cream of tartar until they can hold a soft peak.