Golden syrup pudding. CHOCOLATE PUDDING FOR CHRISTMAS PUDDING HATERS WITH HOT CHOCOLATE SAUCENigella. DIRECTIONS Place golden syrup into bottom of the pudding dish. Pour batter on top of the golden syrup.
Perfectly golden pudding made with rich syrup and served with custard or ice cream. Dust pudding with icing sugar before serving. Serve hot or warm with custard or ice-cream. You can cook Golden syrup pudding using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Golden syrup pudding
- It’s of Pudding mix.
- Prepare 1 cup of Self raising flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Custard powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Grated lemon rind.
- It’s 25 grams of Butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of Milk.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Golden syrup.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Hot water.
Golden Syrup Steamed Pudding is not suitable for freezing. Steamed Puddings are notorious for drying out so they really don't. Wrap the pudding in the greased foil, greased side facing into the pudding. (Pleat the foil a few Cut it into slices and drizzle over any remaining golden syrup, to taste. Golden syrup is so easy to make at home and so amazingly delicious.
Golden syrup pudding step by step
- Turn oven to 180C. Grease a 20cm baking dish..
- Sift flour, custard powder, and sugar into a bowl. Add lemon rind..
- Put butter in a small pot and melt gently..
- Add milk and egg. Whisk it together well..
- Add to flour in bowl. Mix well. Spoon into greased dish..
- Sauce: Put lemon juice, golden syrup and hot water in a jug. Whisk well..
- Carefully pour over pudding. Do not stir it in!.
- Bake 40-45 mins. Serve warm with cream.
Use it in all kinds of dessert recipes I needed golden syrup to make a sauce for a sticky toffee pudding inspired cake, and the. Spoon in the golden syrup and the lemon juice and then plop in the sponge pudding batter. We've used golden syrup instead of the traditional treacle to lighten the flavour in this pud. Pour the golden syrup into the base. Golden Syrup is a British triumph in the field of food.