Popeye's Chicken Sandwich. Discover our menu and order delivery or pick up from a Popeyes near you. Copycat Recipes – This is another Copycat video for the infamous, Popeyes Chicken Sandwich. This is to make and follow recipe will.
Popeyes sold out of their new chicken sandwich, but you can make one just as delicious at home! Check out Todd Wilbur's top-secret recipe right here. Popeyes' new chicken sandwich may have people clucking about its taste, but its nutritional value is for the birds. You can cook Popeye's Chicken Sandwich using 27 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Popeye's Chicken Sandwich
- You need of Chicken Marinade.
- It’s 2 of x Chicken Breast.
- You need 1 cup of Buttermilk or Laban.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Paprika.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Garlic Powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Black Pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- It’s of Breading.
- You need 1 cup of Flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of Corn Starch.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Paprika.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Garlic Powder.
- You need 1 of tabespoon Onion Powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Cayeene Pepper.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Pepper.
- It’s of Spicy Mayo.
- You need 1/2 cup of Mayo.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Hot Sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Paprika or Cajun or Taco Seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of Garlic Powder.
- It’s of Other.
- It’s 4 of Medium-sized Brioche Buns or Burger Buns.
- You need of Mayonnaise.
- It’s of Sliced Pickles.
- It’s of Burger Cheese.
- You need 3-4 cups of canola oil or Sunflower Oil.
Here's how the popular new menu item stacks up against similar fast food options. This Popeye's chicken sandwich copycat is crispy, crunchy. and spicy—just like the original (but Brioche buns are the closest to the ones from Popeye's. They're slightly sweet and eggy and have a. The new Popeyes chicken sandwich is amazing, if you even got to try it, you know.
Popeye's Chicken Sandwich step by step
- Gather all ingredients.
- Marinate the Chicken.
- Pound chicken breasts in between two pieces of parchment paper or plastic wrap. Cut each chicken breast in half crosswise to make 2 small pieces of chicken about the same size of the bun.
- In a large bowl, laban, paprika, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Add the chicken to the mix and place in the fridge to marinate up to 24 hours or use right away.
- Too cook the chicken, heat the oil in a large heavy-duty skillet or pot on medium temperature.
- In a medium shallow bowl, whisk the flour, cornstarch, and spices. Drizzle 2-3 tablespoons of the laban batter into the flour mixture and mix it with a fork.
- Work with one piece at a time, dredge chicken the flour mixture and press four on the top chicken to form a thick crust. Transfer chicken to hot oil and fry for 3-5 minutes per side or until the outside is crispy and golden.
- To assemble, melt one tablespoon of butter in a large saucepan and toast buns face down until golden and crispy. Whisk all the ingredients for the mayo in a small bowl and spread a generous layer of mayo on each bun. Top with pickles, cheese and chicken. Enjoy! 😋.
I was fortunate enough to get my hands on one when a coworker of mine waited an hour in line for a bag of them and. Popeyes is promoting a sandwich that consists of a fried chicken breast on a brioche-ish bun with pickles and a special sauce. It even comes wrapped in a foiled envelope. Complete nutrition information for Chicken Sandwich from Popeyes including calories, Weight Watchers points, ingredients and allergens. Popeyes' beloved chicken sandwich helped give the chain a major boost in the fourth quarter.