Chef Miguel’s InstaPot Chicken Enchilada Rice Bowl. Looking for a quick recipe that is versatile? This Instant Pot Enchilada Chicken and Rice Bowls are SO easy to make and you can make many recipes out of it! For a different take on chicken enchiladas that will make everyone happy, give this Instant Pot® recipe a try.
The chicken comes out perfectly tender but the rice is the true hero – soaked with all the burito This is my favorite chicken rice burrito bowl recipe. I have small children so instead of a whole can of This recipe is good as a burrito but I don't see it as an instapot recipe. The rice is the perfect texture and the chicken is insanely tender. You can cook Chef Miguel’s InstaPot Chicken Enchilada Rice Bowl using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chef Miguel’s InstaPot Chicken Enchilada Rice Bowl
- You need 1 tbs of avocado oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of med white onion, chopped.
- You need 1/2 of med poblano pepper, chopped.
- It’s 1 of jalapeño, diced (remove seeds and vein for a more mild heat).
- You need 1 cup of cooked chicken (or cooked meat of your choice).
- It’s 1 cup of long grain white rice, rinsed and drained.
- It’s 1 cup of enchilada sauce or ranchero sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken broth (or veggie if not using poultry as your protein).
- It’s 1 cup of pinto beans, cooked.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sweet corn, frozen.
- You need 1 tbs of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt (or to taste).
- It’s 1 tsp of fresh lime juice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro (for topping).
- You need 1 of avocado, diced (for topping).
- Prepare of Crushed tortilla chips (for topping).
This is the meal we cook in the Instant Pot the most often. Add carrots, bell pepper, and chicken, and season generously again with salt and pepper. It's like the lazy mom's way of making chicken enchiladas. All the core enchilada ingredients are there, but FYI- I had some of my pre made freezer brown rice that I just popped in the microwave right before we were ready to eat and it was the perfect accompaniment.
Chef Miguel’s InstaPot Chicken Enchilada Rice Bowl step by step
- Using the sauté feature on your InstaPot, heat the oil until shimmering and add onion, peppers, and garlic and sauté for about three minutes. (they don’t need to be completely cooked through).
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot except lime juice and toppings..
- Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. Let your pot continue on warm for 5 additional minutes before releasing pressure..
- Open pot and gently fluff rice with a fork. Gently stir in juice of 1/2 lime (1 tsp or so)..
- Top with your choice of toppings, serve and ENJOY!!.
Slow cooked chicken enchilada bowls pack in all the goodness of chicken enchiladas, but with a fresh twist. Nutritious and quick to prep, these Note: I know brown rice does add some complication to this recipe because of the time it takes to cook. If you want to serve these bowls with brown rice. Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Burrito Bowls. Vegetable broth or even water can be used in place of chicken broth, while pinto, white, or kidney beans can easily be used in place of black beans.