Low calorie Mexican casserole. This Mexican casserole recipe made with layers of tortilla chips, beef, and salsa makes a quick and easy dish that will please the whole family. I often substitute ground turkey and low fat dairy products and it is still delicious! Our recipe for Low-Carb Mexican Taco Casserole puts spicy, cheesy goodness on your table-without the carbs.
The best low-calorie Mexican food choices are often the ones filled with the most flavor—you just have to know how to find them. It's easy to cook low-calorie Mexican food, like chicken Verde quinoa casserole, in your own kitchen. Making your own meals at home will save hundreds of extra calories. You can cook Low calorie Mexican casserole using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Low calorie Mexican casserole
- It’s 8 oz of ground chicken breast.
- You need 2 cups of cauliflower rice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of corn.
- It’s 1 of La Banderita carb counter tortilla.
- It’s 1 cup of refried black beans.
- It’s 1 tbsp of whipped cream cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of diced yellow onion.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Mexican blend shredded cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of green onion chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of salsa verde mild.
- You need 1 1/2 of lime juice.
- You need 1 pack of low sodium taco seasoning.
- It’s 1 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of adobo seasoning.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chicken broth.
Looking to adapt a traditional casserole recipe into an easy low carb Mexican chicken casserole recipe, with some success. All the Mexican casserole recipes I was looking to adapt included chips or Tortilla layers. I did experiment with making a low carb tortilla, but it didn't do well in. Find healthy, delicious low-calorie casserole recipes, from the food and nutrition experts at EatingWell.
Low calorie Mexican casserole step by step
- Brown the ground chicken with taco seasoning and set aside. In a pan add yellow onion, cauliflower rice, onion powder, garlic salt and adobo seasoning, chicken broth, lime juice and corn and cook till tender. Set aside..
- In a pot combine the beans and cream cheese cooking it till the cream cheese melts into the beans then set aside..
- In a casserole dish layer half the meat on the bottom, then the rice mixture on top of that. Then add the tortilla on top of rice mixture topping it with the bean mixture. Then add remaining meat to the top of the beans, top with shredded cheese, green onions and salsa. Cook at 350 for 20 min or until cheese is melted..
Low Carb Chile Rellenos Casserole with all the flavor minus the carbs! Ground beef and lots of peppers and cheese makes satisfying keto Mexican food! This low carb chile relleno casserole will help you satisfy your Mexican food craving while watching your carb intake. This tater tot recipe is keto approved thanks to my homemade cauliflower tots that sit atop this cheesy Mexican inspired casserole. A Mexican casserole that's both healthy AND delicious?