Chicken Verde Enchiladas.
You can cook Chicken Verde Enchiladas using 12 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Verde Enchiladas
- Prepare 5 lbs of chicken thighs (you will need to pre-cook and shred).
- It’s 2.5 cups of mild salsa verde.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Salsa Jalapena.
- It’s 5 cloves of minced garlic.
- It’s 2-7 oz. of Cans roasted green chilis(drain first).
- It’s 1 bunch of cilantro chopped (3/4 cup).
- It’s 10 of oz.can (minimum) enchilada sauce.
- Prepare 1 of lime (juice from).
- It’s 4 cups of shredded jack cheese.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of sour cream.
- You need 24 of corn tortillas(pkg. of 30).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cooking oil.
Chicken Verde Enchiladas instructions
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat and saute minced garlic for 1 minute..
- Stir in the salsa verde and salsa jalapena. Then heat thoroughly..
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in sour cream and most of the cilantro saving a little for garnish..
- Taste. Add salt, pepper, or even more sour cream if sauce is too spicy..
- Set aside 2 cups of the sauce to use when assembling the enchiladas..
- Squeeze the juice of the lime all over the shredded chicken..
- Stir in shredded chicken and half of the cheese to main portion of the sauce..
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray two 13×9 in. baking pans with cooking oil and spread half of the reserved sauce (minus chicken) in each baking pan..
- Put a portion of chicken mixture in each tortilla and roll, placing them in the pan side by side. (I quickly dip each tortilla in boiling water before rolling so they don't break).
- You will end up with 2 full pans of enchiladas. (Approximately 24 total).
- Pour enchilada sauce over enchiladas and add cheese to the top. I prefer jack cheese, but use what you like..
- Cover pans with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes..
- Then bake uncovered for another 15 minutes..
- Serve with cilantro on top..
- I make spanish rice and beans to compliment this meal..
- Link to my Spanish Rice recipe:.
- Spanish Rice: Https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/11008554-spanish-rice?invite_token=RQZWEVG5tfSCLZwZBzneUxT1&shared_at=1604947576.