Chicken Fajitas. So easy to make, and so quick. The method involves quickly searing the meat on a griddle or grill, and then slicing and serving with quickly seared peppers and onions. Chicken fajitas in the air fryer doesn't get any easier than this.
We can thank the cuisine of Tex-Mex for the classic fajita. Originally, the term referred to a grilled strip of meat served in a tortilla. Chicken fajitas are an easy and flavorful weeknight meal. You can cook Chicken Fajitas using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Fajitas
- It’s 4 tablespoons of canola oil, divided.
- You need 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1-1/2 teaspoons of seasoned salt.
- Prepare 1-1/2 teaspoons of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1-1/2 teaspoons of ground cumin.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes (optional).
- You need 1-1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips.
- You need 1/2 of medium sweet red pepper, julienned.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium green pepper, julienned.
- It’s 1/2 of medium yellow pepper, julienned (optional).
- Prepare 4 of green onions, thinly sliced.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 6 of flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed.
- Prepare of Optional: Shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole, sliced red onions and sour cream.
A classic Mexican recipe, juicy chicken is seasoned, seared and cooked to perfection. Chicken Fajitas – healthy and seriously delish! Whenever I see rainbow coloured capsicum on sale at the stores, I immediately think of Fajitas. I know, I know, full points for (un)originality.
Chicken Fajitas instructions
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Turn to coat; cover. Refrigerate for 1-4 hours..
- While chicken is marinating, prepare and cut your peppers and onions..
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, sauté peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm..
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through..
- Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with desired toppings..
Sizzling hot chicken fajitas are what dinner dreams are made of. Tender chicken, sweet bell peppers, and punchy onion mingle with spicy jalapeños and limes for a lively chicken dinner made out of. These Chicken Fajitas is one of our favorite meals because it is so versatile and it brings the flavor! These are literally the juiciest, most flavorful Chicken Fajitas you will ever eat. These Chicken Fajitas are an easy dinner with tender chicken breasts, bell peppers and sweet onions tossed in homemade seasonings and piled high on tortillas!