Chi chi's copycat mexican sweet corn cake. Sweet Corn Cake is a copycat recipe of Chi Chi's corn cake recipe. This Mexican corn cake is wonderful to have with a bowl of chili! Southern corn pudding is runnier than a Mexican corn cake.
I absolutely love this Chi-Chi's sweet corn cake mix!! Buying this brought back a lot of good childhood memories. I remember when Mexican restaurants would serve the sweet corn cake mix as a side along with beans and/or rice and the main entree. You can cook Chi chi's copycat mexican sweet corn cake using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chi chi's copycat mexican sweet corn cake
- Prepare 1 of 8. 5 oz box jiffy corn muffin mix.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of melted butter.
- Prepare 1 (14.75 oz) of can creamed corn.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white sugar add 1/4 cup if you want it sweeter.
This is the BEST corn bread out there and SUPER EASY! You also can double the recipe to make a thicker batch of corn bread. Get the best Chi-Chi's Sweet Corn Cake recipe on the ORIGINAL copycat website! Chi-Chi's cofounder Marno McDermott named his restaurant chain after his wife Chi Chi.
Chi chi's copycat mexican sweet corn cake step by step
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9×9 inch baking dish for a thicker cake or a 9 ×13 for a thinner cake.
- In a medium sized bowl mix everything up well and pour into baking dish.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes till the top is golden brown.
- Use an ice cream scooper to scoop out round scoops on plate.
He claims the name is quite memorable as it translates in Spanish into something like "hooters" in English. Sweet Corn Cake is a copycat recipe of Chi Chi's corn cake recipe. This Mexican corn cake is wonderful to have with a bowl of chili! Mexican Sweet Corn Cake (Chi-Chi's Copycat Recipe) – Unsophisticook. Looking for a Hungarian Goulash recipe?