Mom's 70s Chinese Pepper Steak.
You can cook Mom's 70s Chinese Pepper Steak using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mom's 70s Chinese Pepper Steak
- Prepare of sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of beef bullion.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s of Ingredients.
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of sirloin steak, 1 inch thick, cut into thin 2 inch long strips.
- You need 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 3 medium of green bell peppers, julienned.
- Prepare 2 medium of onions.
- Prepare 1 of 6-ounce can of water chestnuts, drained.
- You need 4 of green onions, chopped.
Mom's 70s Chinese Pepper Steak instructions
- Add the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside..
- Sprinkle the strips of sirloin with the ginger powder and black pepper. Mix by hand to coat evenly. Set aside..
- In a skillet or wok, heat the oil and garlic over medium high heat for about 5 minutes to allow the garlic to infuse with the oil..
- Add the seasoned strips of sirloin to the hot oil and stir fry until you no longer see any pink on the beef. About 5 minutes. Remove the meat to a bowl and set aside..
- Now add the peppers and water chestnuts to the hot oil and stir fry for about 4 minutes..
- Next, add the onion and continue stir frying until the onions are translucent..
- Add the sirloin back in and give it a couple of stirs. Before you add the sauce, give it a stir because the cornstarch will have settled to the bottom. Stir the sauce into the meat and veggies. Raise the heat and continue stirring until sauce thickens..
- Turn off the heat and toss in the green onion pieces. Give it a couple of stirs..
- Serve hot over rice with plenty of sauce..