Chinese-style Fried Rice.
You can have Chinese-style Fried Rice using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chinese-style Fried Rice
- It’s 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 4 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 5 clove of garlic.
- It’s of ginger.
- You need 1/2 of chilli (or chilli flakes).
- Prepare 3 of mini sweet peppers.
- Prepare 1 cup of cabbage.
- You need 1 cup of carrots.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- It’s 250 grams of cooked rice.
- Prepare 50 ml of soy sauce.
- It’s of chives.
Chinese-style Fried Rice step by step
- Boil rice and set aside (this is a great way to use leftover rice. You can also cook it the day before, it's best if it's chilled a bit). Grate garlic and ginger (amount of all ingredients can be increased or reduced to taste – I used 6 cloves and about an inch of ginger). Cut up chillies and sweet peppers into small strips. Julienne the carrots and cut up cabbage into thin strips about 2 inches long. Cut up chives. Set ingredients aside..
- Whisk up the eggs in a bowl. Add oil to frying pan and pour in eggs. Allow to cook until just done, flip and remove. Cut up the pancake-like egg into thin 2-inch strips and set aside..
- Add vegetable and sesame oils (about half and half ratio) to pan. Sauté garlic, ginger and chillies for about 3 minutes on medium heat, until fragrant..
- Add cabbage, carrots and sweet peppers (or any other desired vegetables). Add more sesame oil if needed. Sauté until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Stir as needed..
- Add the cooked rice and stir to incorporate. Add soy sauce to taste, until the rice is a medium brown (I used about 50ml). Let it fry for about 2 minutes..
- Add eggs and chives. Stir to incorporate. At this point, you can add salt and pepper to taste (I also added sriracha sauce). Turn off heat. Can be served immediately, but it's also good for later as the flavours will mingle. Enjoy!.