Chinese Orange Chicken. Chinese Orange Chicken made with crispy fried chicken covered in an authentic orange sauce. The ultimate Chinese Orange Chicken Recipe which is way better than take-out. Chinese Orange Chicken – Not even Panda Express can beat this homemade orange chicken!
This Orange Chicken Recipe brings Chinese takeout home! It's easy to make and oh so delicious to enjoy this takeout fakeout favorite in the comfort of your own kitchen. This delicious dish combines battered chicken in an amazing orange citrus sauce. You can cook Chinese Orange Chicken using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chinese Orange Chicken
- You need 1 1/2 lb of boneless, skinless, chicken breast, cut into bite size.
- You need 1 cup of cornstarch ( less 2 tbsp for the sauce).
- Prepare 2 each of large eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 1 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1 of green onion, thinly slice.
- It’s of Marinade.
- You need 1 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of distilled white vinegar.
- You need 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of orange zest.
- You need 1 tsp of Sriracha.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of white pepper.
Here is the link to the written instructions for this recipe. Get the best of Chinese Orange Chicken takeout at home! This recipe is loaded with sweet citrus flavors, sesame seeds, and scallions. Chinese Orange Chicken better than you've ever had before!
Chinese Orange Chicken step by step
- To make the marinade, whisk together chicken broth, orange juice, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, orange zest, Sriracha, ginger and white pepper in a large bowl..
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine chicken and 2/3 cup of the marinade; marinate for at least 30 minutes, turning the bag occasionally. Drain the chicken from the marinade, discarding the marinade..
- Heat remaining marinade in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and stir in 2 tablespoons cornstarch combined with 2 tablespoons water. Cook, stirring frequently, until thickened about 1-2 minutes; keep warm..
- Working one at a time, dip the chicken into the eggs, then dredge in remaining 1 cup cornstarch, pressing to coat..
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan. Working in batches, add chicken and fry until golden brown and cooked through, about 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; discard excess oil..
- Serve chicken immediately, tossed or drizzled with the marinade, garnished with sesame seeds and green onion, if desired..
This easy orange chicken recipe is a super popular classic Chinese take-out dish that's super popular here in the U. Orange chicken is a North American Chinese dish of Hunan Province origin. The variety of orange chicken most commonly found at North American Chinese restaurants consists of chopped, battered and fried chicken pieces coated in a sweet orange-flavored chili sauce. This easy Chinese orange chicken recipe is a tasty dinner the whole family will enjoy, and it's ready Easy Chinese orange chicken recipe that's a healthier version. Orange Chicken is a super popular Chinese fast food dish of Hunan origin that features chopped, battered, and fried chicken pieces coated in a sweet orange-flavored, caramelized chili sauce.