Pressure Cooker Chinese Beef Rib and Tendon Stew.
You can have Pressure Cooker Chinese Beef Rib and Tendon Stew using 22 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pressure Cooker Chinese Beef Rib and Tendon Stew
- Prepare 2-3 lbs of beef short ribs.
- You need 1 lb of beef tendon.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of oil.
- You need 3 of shallots, sliced.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 5 of spring onions.
- You need 4 inch of ginger, peeled & sliced.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of shaoxing wine.
- It’s 2 cups of chicken stock.
- You need 3 Tbsp of chu hou paste.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of oyster sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 3 of whole star anise.
- You need 5 inches of orange peel.
- Prepare 1.5 lbs of daikon, peeled and cubed.
- You need 3 of parsnips, peeled and cubed.
- It’s 5 oz of shitake, sliced.
- You need 1 can of baby corn.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of water.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of corn starch.
Pressure Cooker Chinese Beef Rib and Tendon Stew instructions
- Place the beef tendon in the pressure cooker and add 1 cup water. Pressure cook on high pressure for 1 hour and 15 min and natural pressure release..
- While the tendon is cooking, prepare the other ingredients..
- Lay the short ribs out on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper..
- Separate the green from the white parts of the spring onion. Add the white parts to a small bowl and then prep the garlic, shallot and ginger into the bowl..
- Peel and cube the daikon and parsnips, and rough slice the shitake and add to a large bowl..
- In a small dish add the chu hou paste, soy sauces, oyster sauce, sugar, star anise and orange peel..
- When the tendon is done cooking, pour the cooking liquid out, and rinse the tendon under cool water. Cut the tendon into bite size pieces..
- Preheat the oven broiler to high. Broil the short ribs for 5 minutes until they are seared and browning..
- In the cleaned out pressure cooker heat the oil with the saute function. Add the onions, shallot, garlic and ginger. Cook until they begin to brown and stick to the bottom of the pan and then add the shaoxing wine..
- After the shaoxing has deglaze the bottom of the pan, add the stock and the chu hou mixture. Stir to distribute..
- Layer in the short ribs and cubed tendon. Add the daikon, parsnip and mushroom on top..
- Pressure cook on high pressure for 10 min.
- Quick release the pressure. Drian the baby corn and add it to a bowl..
- Remove the daikon and parsnips and place on top of the baby corn. Leave this aside to stay warm..
- Replace the lid on the pressure cooker and cook on high pressure for another 20 min.
- Let the pressure naturally release. Remove the lid and pick out the rib bones..
- Combine the starch and water into a slurry. Bring the stew to a simmer and add the slurry while stirring a little at a time until it thickens to your level of choosing..
- Add the reserved vegetables and mix. Dice the green stems of the onions for garnish..