Chinese Hot & Sour Soup.
You can cook Chinese Hot & Sour Soup using 31 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chinese Hot & Sour Soup
- You need of Mushrooms:.
- It’s 100 g of Shiitake Mushrooms Finely Diced,.
- Prepare 1 TSP of ShaoWing / Hua Tiao / Sherry Wine,.
- It’s 1 TSP of Soy Sauce Preferably Kikkoman,.
- It’s Pinch of Granulated Sugar,.
- You need 1/2 TSP of Water,.
- You need 1 TSP of Cornstarch,.
- Prepare 1 TSP of Sesame Oil,.
- You need of Base:.
- You need 1 Handful of Fresh Coriander Finely Chopped,.
- It’s 1 TSP of Lao Gan Ma Spicy Chili Crisp,.
- It’s 2 TSP of Black Vinegar,.
- It’s 1 TSP of Sesame Oil,.
- It’s 1 TSP of Apple Cider Vinegar,.
- You need of Soup:.
- It’s Pinch of White Pepper,.
- It’s 2 TBSP of Canola / Peanut / Vegetable Oil,.
- Prepare 2 of Chinese Dried Mushrooms Soaked Finely Sliced,.
- Prepare 1 Handful of Bamboo Shoots Fresh / Pickled,.
- Prepare 1 Handful of Chinese Black Fungus Soaked Finely Sliced,.
- You need 600 ml of Boiling Water,.
- It’s 1/2 Inch of Ginger Finely Diced,.
- It’s 3/4 TSP of Sea Salt,.
- It’s of Slurry, 7 TSP Cornstarch + 25ml Water.
- Prepare 1 of Egg Lightly Beaten,.
- It’s 150 g of Pressed Tofu Sliced Into Strips,.
- It’s 1/3 TSP of Dark Soy Sauce,.
- It’s 1 TSP of Light Soy Sauce,.
- You need 3 TSP of Chili Bean Sauce Preferably Lee Kum Kee,.
- You need 1/2 TSP of Granulated Sugar,.
- You need of Fresh Coriander, For Garnishing.
Chinese Hot & Sour Soup step by step
- Prepare the mushrooms. In a bowl, add in mushrooms, shaoxing, soy, sugar, water, cornstarch and sesame oil. Mix until well combined. Cover with cling film and set aside in the fridge for at least 30 mins..
- Prepare the base. In a large serving bowl, add coriander, black vinegar, apple cider vinegar, pepper, chili crisp and sesame oil. Mix until combine well. Set aside..
- Prepare the soup. In a sauce pot over medium heat, add oil. Once oil is heated up, add in ginger and the mushrooms mixture..
- Saute until aromatic and until the mushrooms are slightly caramelized. Add in Chinese mushrooms, bamboo and fungus. Saute until well combine and aromatic..
- Add in the boiling water. *Adding boiling water will shorten the cooking time, hence containing the fragrance and flavors even more.* Stir to combine well. Add in dark, light soy, chili bean sauce, sugar and salt..
- Stir to combine well. Bring it up to a simmer. Turn the heat down to low. Add in slurry and stir to combine well..
- Continue simmer for about 2 to 3 mins. Add in beaten egg. Stir for 20 secs. Turn the heat up to medium..
- Add in tofu. Stir to combine well and simmer for another 1 to 2 mins. The soup should thicken. Taste and adjust for seasoning with salt..
- Give it a final stir. Remove from heat and transfer into the serving bowl with the coriander mixture. Stir to combine well. Taste and adjust for seasonings with vinegar or pepper. Serve immediately with a garnish of coriander..